Monday, December 27, 2010

Holocaust Hegemony | The Weekly Standard

Holocaust Hegemony The Weekly Standard

I personally try not to get sucked into the crushing political black hole that has framed the discourse regarding human rights in The Middle East - my belief is that extremists on either side have stolen the conversation and would rather debate to death rather than discuss to peace - but this editorial speaks to some formenting ideas I have had.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe that any criticism of Israel is anti-Semitic, or even anti-Israel...although I do believe that cries to dismantle Israel as a nation-state, or that it not defend itself against terrorist attacks, are. But I think measured voices from all sides are needed here.

(BTW, is it just me or has anyone else ever just stepped back to think, wow, the myopic and fundamentalist demands from both sides of this issue sound an awful lot alike. As they say in recovery, there are no coincidences.)

No comments:

Post a Comment